Stoddard III, James F.
President – Joseph Smith Foundation
James F. Stoddard III is the husband of Leslie Sarah Stoddard and father of 10 children. He is a direct descendant of Asael and Mary Duty Smith, the Prophet Joseph Smith’s grandparents, and other LDS Church history figures. He is the founder of the Joseph Smith Foundation with its divisions Joseph Smith Academy, Joseph Smith Forum, Guardians of an Altar, Foundations, ZionVision and LDS Answers. He is also the producer of the documentaries:
and the co-producer of the video For Our Day: Divinely Sanctioned Governments.
In 2015, he worked as executive producer in the release of the new doculecture series The Prophet Joseph: More Than We Know. James has worked in private, public, religious, corporate and home education as well as Web development, software engineering, videography and natural health. He is the owner of IntegriVizion, a family business specializing in film production, Web development and graphic design. James spends any free moments working on Highland Cathedral Estate, a planned family retreat and learning facilities with perennial gardens and walking trails specializing in experimental farming techniques and four-season food production. He currently serves on the Firm Foundation Executive Advisory and Strategic Planning Board. He also authors many papers and articles on the Web. His research supports the writings and teachings of ancient and latter-day prophets.
- “If Thine Eye Offend Thee” (Part 1 – Blind Obedience? – To Question or Not to Question? That is the Question!)
- The Book of Mormon in the “Real World”: An Answer for Apathy in the Church
- Do We Still Believe in the Patriarchal Order?
- Music: The Forgotten Language of the Heart
- Book of Mormon Passages for Biblical Christians
- Does the Heartland Model contradict statements made by the Leadership of the Church?
- A Letter to My Christian Friends
- Science vs. Religion? The Joseph Smith Forum Science FAQs